Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105229 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #930 on: October 22, 2023, 08:40:31 am »

But there are no sith in the show
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2023, 09:25:52 am »

So what are you saying? That the guys dressed in black robes, wielding red lightsabers, using force powers, collaborating with witches who control zombies for the purpose of reviving the Empire, that they never actually acknowledged any direct affiliation with the organization known as 'Sith', so they aren't really members? Come on, they were totally Sith.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 22, 2023, 10:11:54 am »

Well, obviously wasnt cause guy said he wasnt 🤷‍♂️
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 22, 2023, 10:23:46 am »

apparently they're "Dark Jedi"
I had never heard about that before so after googling around it appears that a "dark jedi" is a jedi that fell to the dark side of the force but for "reasons" isn't in the sith order and just hang around brooding about being bad , having a plan or just cosplay as a sith with dark robes and red lightsabers ... until a sith or a jedi comes and kick his ass.

Basically the sith are the real deal threat and the dark jedis are just edgelords.
:D

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 22, 2023, 10:50:44 am »

apparently they're "Dark Jedi"
I had never heard about that before so after googling around it appears that a "dark jedi" is a jedi that fell to the dark side of the force but for "reasons" isn't in the sith order and just hang around brooding about being bad , having a plan or just cosplay as a sith with dark robes and red lightsabers ... until a sith or a jedi comes and kick his ass.

Basically the sith are the real deal threat and the dark jedis are just edgelords.
:D

As I said, they were the only parts I legitimately enjoyed in the series

Siths of the Disney era, "appear from nowhere and die like a bitch" Snoke* and the fake "REappear from nowhere and die like a bitch" Palpatine are way less cool than those two Dark Jedi.

Also, I want a retcon of a novel and see my live-action Asaij Ventress

*yeah, I know it was never confirmed that he was a sith.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 22, 2023, 11:30:32 am »

Broadly speaking, The Sith are all about destroying the Jedi, whereas a dark Jedi was basically someone trained by the Jedi who fell to the dark side.

The Rule of Two is the important bit for the Sith, having one master to train a new heir and one apprentice who will eventually destroy the master, the idea being that each new master is stronger than the last.

Palpatine is basically, prior to the New Canon, the culmination of thousands of years of that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 22, 2023, 12:08:46 pm »

Does being a Sith require being suicidal? Because that's the only way this would work, no? Otherwise every Sith ever would only get an apprentice that can only get stronger than them when they're on the death bed for unrelated reasons, and can't fight right anymore.
The culmination of thousands of years of that would be the wimpiest, most incompetent guy in the galaxy. #Darth_Jar-Jar

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 22, 2023, 12:30:45 pm »

Bingle watched Ahsoka
Holy fuck :3  I appreciate this autocorrect error
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 22, 2023, 12:38:42 pm »

<something something something something> Dark Side...  Erm... I mean: Force Ghosts, or equivalent. <numble mumble> Of The Ancestors.

Though actually trying to justify original Lucas mythology, the EU, the post-EU and the Disney era canons is probably more more of a lost cause than a padawan turned to the Dark Side.

(Personal headcanon is that if Sith don't appear from nowhere (or appear from plain-sight, having masqueraded as absolutely nothing of the kind), they're not really doing their jobs. "Aspiring Sith" on Facebook profile or actively promoting their potential Sith skills on their LinkedIn just really aint in the instruction manual. Wannabes and fanboys, aside, who at best are treated as handy chaff for hiding the true Sith (and probably should unironicaly take on a name such as "Darth Fertile"). And what drives that kind of personality, and indeed leads any given Master Sith to find the next Apprentice Sith somewhere in their galaxy, is necessarily a dark art, in more ways than one.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 22, 2023, 12:41:51 pm »

Does being a Sith require being suicidal? Because that's the only way this would work, no? Otherwise every Sith ever would only get an apprentice that can only get stronger than them when they're on the death bed for unrelated reasons, and can't fight right anymore.
The culmination of thousands of years of that would be the wimpiest, most incompetent guy in the galaxy. #Darth_Jar-Jar

That would be a betrayal of the Rule of Two. The apprentice is supposed to learn all they can from the master and then challenge them. If the master wins it’s technically a failure on their part for choosing a poor apprentice.

I’m not sure if it’s old or new canon but the third Sith Lord had to replace their first apprentice because they didn’t adhere to that part of the code, and the first Sith Lord was worried their apprentice was going to wait until he died and inheriting the title (as opposed to earning it) so he took steps to extend his life in an effort to be able to find and train a new apprentice. This resulted in his apprentice accusing him of betraying the code because it looked like he was trying to bypass the apprentice becoming the master schtick he’s been teaching her for the previous two and a bit decades.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 22, 2023, 12:43:34 pm »

So they are suicidal, is what you're saying?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 22, 2023, 01:26:44 pm »

A rather particular idea of "legacy".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 22, 2023, 02:18:52 pm »

Rule of two (banite sith!) was just a dominate sith ideology for a period; there's other parts of SW lore that had sith groups that, well. Didn't. Ascribe to it. Banite sith are what the major canon stories deal with, mostly, though. Basic idea was that you'd be developing sequentially stronger sith by training apprentices that could defeat their masters, but it was messier than that in practice. You could call it suicidal pretty reasonably, but, well. Sith aren't exactly the most sensible of critters, especially once darkside brainrot sets in.

It also wasn't particularly, like... effective, exactly? It took down the republic after like a millennia of implementation and ran the empire for a few years but that was about its biggest success, and previous sith orders fairly regularly managed wider scale or longer lasting or more rapid successes, so... it was relatively pretty unimpressive, all things considered.

It's also not super strict, from what I understand. Like, yes, master and apprentice, but also secret master and secret apprentice and fifty billion totally-not-apprentices-we-swear and yadda yadda yadda. Sith aren't known for actually following rules or, like, not lying about everything.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 02:22:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 22, 2023, 03:14:38 pm »

None of the other Sith managed to get as much done against the Jedi as the banite ones, though, which was Bane’s ultimate goal.

Admittedly they also didn’t quite succeed, but at least in the legend book on Plagueis, he did betray the Rule of Two thing when he became immortal and was content to remain master of Sidious while he was doing the whole chancellor business, but then Palpatine also betrayed it by killing Plagueis in his sleep, so…

One of the bigger issues I had with it was the focus on patience, even if it made sense with two Sith against thousands of Jedi, but patience isn’t really a Sith tenet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 22, 2023, 05:51:23 pm »

Ngl, now I just want to see a show that's Darth Bane vs Batman Bane. There's some varieties of the latter that could match up, iirc. There's probably other banes out there you could throw in the pile, too, might as well make it a party. Twenty banes enter, one bane leaves.

More official media should do that, really. Spiderverse stuff is a good start, Super Robot Wars is perennially great, but they need more massive multicross fanfiction-except-it's-not-fanfiction stuff. Smash bros gets a mention but it's not plot heavy, we need some real stuff in here, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67