Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105213 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #915 on: September 29, 2023, 09:21:59 pm »

Holy shit, I've just seen this trailer for an upcoming SF animated series called Scavengers Reign. First time I hear about it, and the title is kinda cringe, but I'm so hyped right now I can't even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsZVmVPn4E

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 29, 2023, 10:48:09 pm »

I remember enjoying the animated short Scavengers years ago. Had no idea they were turning it into a full show. And it looks like we won't have to wait long!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2023, 02:24:54 am »

Gen V just dropped the first 3 episodes.

It's a spinoff of The Boys, with My Hero Academia vibes. There's bloody violence, trauma, and gratuitous nudity. I love it~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 06, 2023, 05:56:09 pm »

So even though I was on the fence with The Wheel of Time for season 1, given all the strange things they did with the characterization... I actually quite enjoyed season 2 in spite of myself.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 13, 2023, 12:10:51 pm »

Watched the first episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on an airline flight.

/Kirk voice/ What. Have they.  Done. With Star. Trek.

Aside from visuals and re-using words and names from the Trek universe... it just doesn't feel like Trek.  Like the lack of professionalism of the bridge crew1 is... astonishing. I mean the old Trek bridge crews knew each other, but when on the bridge, they were about their job even with some casual banter, not about "oh wow, that's cool!" or other juvenile remarks.  I think it's the lack of sophistication in the banter - on TOS and TNG, the banter was more high-brow.  This felt more like stuff you'd get from YouTube streamers.

No nuance at all with breaking General Order 1... just "eh, whatever, rules are meant to be broken."

Spoiler: Also (true spoiler) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 13, 2023, 12:24:15 pm »

I was never much of a Trekkie, but of the little I experienced I remember the adult, professional, and principled attitude of the crew as the thing that made it stand out.
Looking at the current productions, it seems like they only retained the costumes and the sets.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 13, 2023, 01:03:51 pm »

Professional and mature behavior is boring! We need DRAMA, conflict, and character growth! (character growth usually means an insufferable protagonist who becomes slightly less insufferable later)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 14, 2023, 02:43:46 am »

It seems like that franchise has gone down hill over past few years with each new series making the situation worse.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 21, 2023, 07:24:48 am »

Holy shit, I've just seen this trailer for an upcoming SF animated series called Scavengers Reign. First time I hear about it, and the title is kinda cringe, but I'm so hyped right now I can't even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsZVmVPn4E
Oh, for fuck's sake. They released it but it's region locked.  ::)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2023, 12:31:42 pm »

Bingle watched Ahsoka. What the hell did they do to Sabine? It is not the character I enjoyed... and even if her going padawan has some potential, her confidently doing a Jedi knight level force push in the end was so out of nowhere.

Also, the only really good part of the series is the new dark Jedi. Everything else is rather - "it's OK I guess."
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 21, 2023, 05:05:23 pm »

I watched the second season of Heartstopper on Netflix.

It is great. But it is not for me. It is awsome and deserves the praise, but watching it viscerally bothers me. It ignored the dissonance in the first season, but since the themes in the episodes became more mature, It became too real, and too much to bear.

You see, I am like super very neurodivergent. I only consume non-liveaction content. My recognition cannot adapt to the flesh-and-bone human thing on the screen.

For example, I have no problems with written and drawn media. I can readily recognise Charlie as Charlie in the comics. My mechanism can just say that to me with no issues.

But I can't watch the show. My brain goes; "This person is Joe Locke- I mean Joe Locke- Joe- J-J-Joe-[CHARLIE_FRANCIS_SPRING]" It is like cognitive dissonance, but much worse.

You get it? Does anyone else has the same issue? It is very annoying. I want to watch the season 3 when it comes out, but I don't want to feel dissonant again.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 22, 2023, 05:00:58 am »

Bingle watched Ahsoka. What the hell did they do to Sabine? It is not the character I enjoyed... and even if her going padawan has some potential, her confidently doing a Jedi knight level force push in the end was so out of nowhere.

Also, the only really good part of the series is the new dark Jedi. Everything else is rather - "it's OK I guess."

Who is Sabine again?
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 22, 2023, 05:38:29 am »

Sabine was a Mandalorian who bailed on Mandalore to join the Rebels, then bailed on the Rebels to become the leader of Mandalore, then bailed on that to become a Jedi, then bailed on the Jedi to become a Sith, then bailed on the Sith to just backpack around space with her boyfriend for a while.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 22, 2023, 07:32:55 am »

She was never sith aligned iirc?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 22, 2023, 08:19:27 am »

Well that's from the new Ahsoka show. One could argue that she only cooperated with them temporarily so that they would help her find Ezra, and did not have any true allegiance to the Sith. But I still count it as one more team she sided with and then abandoned. Girl's got issues.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67