Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105247 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #540 on: July 16, 2020, 01:01:29 pm »

Thank you Eschar, for recommending Person of Interest. Am on season 3 right now

Yay! I last watched "Beta" from season 3, if you're further please don't spoil anything for me :)

What do you think of the show?
I love it. Not enough shows have AI as the hero.

"God was born 11 years ago on a New Year's Day in Manhattan." - Root

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 19, 2020, 08:40:58 pm »

I finished watching the two current seasons of The Order. It's a show about werewolves and blood-mages sharing a college campus.

First season was a bit rough, with the main focus being on 'OMG magic and monsters!' which they didn't seem to have the budget to make particularly visually impressive. Second season really picked up though, shifting the emphasis to the various characters and factions and their interactions.

Overall, definitely enjoying this series and looking forward to more.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 19, 2020, 08:53:15 pm »

there's nothing here
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:53:15 pm by Eschar »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 20, 2020, 01:41:21 am »

Oh man, I'd forgotten about Person of Interest.  It was a little unremarkable to start with, but I really enjoyed it once it got going.

Don't think I ever managed to catch the final season, so I guess that's on the list of things to do.

I've been re-watching Fringe, which I also really enjoy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 20, 2020, 05:12:23 am »

I finished season two of Skins. Uh, it's really great and all of course, but just... feels.   
Lots of them. :'(   

Also I've been watching some daft Colombian show with my mother, which was mildly entertaining despite being somewhat lame, but I think the last episode has finally bested my considerable powers of suspension of disbelief. Don't think I'll be able to watch any more - at least, not without loudly deriding it all the while, which would probably annoy the other person watching to no end.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2020, 11:41:08 pm »

Noticed an anomaly while watching Person of Interest. I've been listening to the POI soundtrack, and recently came across the track If-Then-Else. And I just heard it while watching the show... but not during the much later and, I collect, rather spoilery episode called If-Then-Else. During S4E7, Honor Among Theives. Odd.

If you have an explanation or comments, no spoilers for S4E7 or anything after it please!

EDIT: and just heard "Deus Ex Machina"... but not during the season 3 finale Deus Ex Machina.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:03:43 am by Eschar »

rickumali

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Vanity Website
« Reply #546 on: July 22, 2020, 06:13:00 am »

I've been watching "Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories" on Netflix (US). Quirky stories indeed...  :)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2020, 08:53:19 am »

Season 2 of The Umbrella Academy is here!

I'm only halfway through, but so far it is as good or possibly better than the first season. Absolutely love this show~

Edit:
Finished the second season. My only minor complaint is that thematically it was pretty much identical to the first season, with each character getting their own episode as they rush to save the world from an apocalypse of their own making. The only real originality was a few plot twists, which were only explored just far enough to leave us wondering where these new elements will go next season.
I really didn't mind the recycled meta-plot however, because the minute-to-minute action and drama just flowed so perfectly that I was held captivated the whole season.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:43:02 am by Folly »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2020, 12:06:45 am »

Finished Person of Interest.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2020, 08:31:01 pm »

Stargirl recently finished it's first season.
It's a DC superhero show that is basically a Justice League but made up mostly of teenage girls.

A bit of bad acting, a lot of bad scripting, some stupid plot holes, and a meta-plot that left me honestly siding with the villains and feeling disappointed when they were inevitably thwarted.
Overall, it's fairly watchable, if not particularly memorable. I'm only going to recommend this one if you're really into superhero stuff or have nothing better on your watch-list.

Also been watching The Last Kingdom lately.
I'm halfway through the 4 current seasons, and really enjoying this one.

It reminds me strongly of History channel's show Vikings. Vikings are invading England(or wtfever their names are in this time period, I can never keep it straight), and there's a balance of large-scale sword and shield battles next to interpersonal drama between kings and warlords. Where that other show spread it's cast too wide and made it difficult to care about any one character, I'm finding The Last Kingdom to be much more focused and therefore interesting. Would recommend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 12, 2020, 04:40:18 am »

England is the right word, though it wasn't united into England yet.

However I must advice against The Last Kindgom as it does not feature my pregenitor Dragon-In-The-Eye and and thus inferior
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 13, 2020, 06:36:29 pm »

King dragon sends his regards
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2020, 03:03:37 am »

Apparently there's a Dragon's Dogma TV show coming out next week.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 08, 2020, 07:59:46 am »

It's kind of a goofy cheesefest whose acting is a mixed bag, but after struggling through the first episode of Cobra Kai at a friend's semi-recommendation, episode two got me HYPED AS HECK right from the start. I mean, it's still a goofy cheesefest with some seriously questionable acting at times, but the premise is just so oddly exciting and I think they're starting to really pull it off. Things are really falling into place.   

Just gotta remember not to take it too seriously, I guess.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 08, 2020, 09:02:14 am »

been watching Killjoys. I dunno how almost no one has heard of this show since it seems like a cross between Firefly and epic space battle sci-fi. Maybe because the first season takes a while to get going, but once it does :X

I guess the worldbuilding could put people off though. The storylines move so fast and the first time it's hard to catch who is working for each faction nevermind all the layers under that. Not like in a show based on books where it's a lot easier to take in the exposition before you watch, it kinda just throws you in at the deep end.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:03:59 am by Caz »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67