Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105182 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2019, 03:43:16 pm »

I like Gabriel Iglesias's stand-up, but his Netflix show is pure ass. It's the most dated, cliched, unfunny show I've seen in a long time, and I've been watching it alongside shows from the era that made those cliches. I couldn't finish the first episode, maybe it gets better but as I said, couldn't even finish the first episode
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2019, 06:30:40 pm »

I also watched most of the Dark Crystal series. The Skeksis make it worthwhile, but only just. Every other component could've been gutted and only kept in the capacity that it gives context to the Skeksis' crimes and debauchery, and I think the experience would be greatly improved.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2019, 06:35:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:57:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2019, 09:17:08 am »

I recently finished the new Dark Crystal.

Story is slow at first, then eventually warms up to 'interesting' but doesn't really go any further than that. The best things I can say about this series is that it has a unique and creative aesthetic, both in terms of visuals as well as worldbuilding. Having never watched the original, everything was very much fresh and new to me and unlike anything else I've seen.

I'll be keeping my eye out for a season 2 if it happens, but I'm withholding my hype.

I think (last watched 25-30 years ago) the movie plot was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're not missing much from the story.

Edit: it helps to remember spoiler tags. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:10:53 pm by Iduno »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2019, 09:23:00 am »

I think (last watched 25-30 years ago) the movie plot was "there are 2 sides fighting a war, the good guys and the bad guys. When one gets killed, one on the other side also dies. Then one of the Gelflings puts part of the crystal back and the good and bad guys recombine (into the skeksis?) like a reverse Dr. Jekyll." You're not missing much from the story.

Well, the new one is a prequel, so thanks for the spoilers~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2019, 08:10:02 am »

Been continuing to watch Scrubs. It's the perfect show to leave on because it's just interesting enough to watch, but also formulaic enough that you don't really need to watch.

Even if it fails to keep my interest, it gets brownie points for mocking Journey and "Don't Stop Believing" especially in S3E2. I fucking despise that song and that band, and anybody who likes either is literally factually wrong.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2019, 11:39:59 am »

The first seasons of Scrubs is probably some of the greatest comedy America has ever produced.

Also mocking? More like tributing! I have no opinion of the band since I don't know them at all to the point that I wouldn't even know them as the makers as "Don't stop believing" but the song is great and I will fight you.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2019, 12:45:05 pm »

I started watching a new Amazon series called Undone, and it looks to be amazing. Best to describe it is a bit of Legion (however little I saw of it) crossed with A Scanner Darkly - the latter not just through the rotoscoped visuals, but also in how it feels like it was written by P.K.Dick.
(oh, and Bob Odenkirk's in it = sold)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2019, 01:13:33 pm »

I recently finished watching Jack Ryan.

It's a fairly by-the-numbers anti-terrorism drama. Production values and acting we're all fine, but the story just didn't wow me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2019, 08:57:36 pm »

Bob Odenkirk's hardly a replacement for Woody Harrelson, but I'm sold on intrigued by Undone from that description alone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2019, 02:36:14 am »

The whole series is great. But so short! The episodes are some 20+ mins long, and it's like three hours total. Similar format to the End of the Fucking World (which, btw, I hear gets a second season? whyfor?).
Anyway, watch the trailer - it's pretty representative of what one's getting into.

Turns out the people behind it are the same people who made BoJack Horseman. And come to think of it, it kinda shows (in a good way) in how the characters feel lived-in and in the mundanely broken interpersonal interactions grounding the odd visuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2019, 04:45:39 am »

Merlin is actually much better than it appeared at first glance. It somehow threads the needle for young adult/teen-oriented media. The dialogue is camp but just enough to entertain, and the characters are simple archetypes but executed very well. I dig.

The CGI is still absolutely atrocious though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2019, 10:18:32 am »

So I just finished the second season of Dark.

Holy shit you guys, this thing is incredible. Few shows have managed to keep me in the dark (har har) and wondering what comes next, and this one takes the cake. Like, you can figure out a bunch of stuff since it's hinted at and foreshadowed extremely well, but that's what they fucking want you to do. The second you go: "Ha, I figured out who that is" the show will go: "Oh, is that so, here, catch these five curveballs if you're such a big shot"

And I'm both glad that it only has one season and sad, because while I really want something this good to go on longer I understand that the amount of effort it took to make something so intertwined and complex work as well as it does means that it really couldn't have been something that goes on for six seasons.

So yeah, go watch Dark.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 28, 2019, 12:07:51 am »

Merlin's formula is starting to get silly, as TV aimed at the teen to young adult audience usually does. Exhibit A: Uther literally only exists to be dumb.

"Gaius, you've been 100% correct about every single crisis over the last 20+ episodes, but I still think you're stupid and wrong. You're fired and Merlin's going in the dungeon. I am the best king ever."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2019, 08:55:59 pm »

Bojack Season 6 (also, the last season, because companies don't like you going union) starts off almost as dark as most seasons end. I mean, I starts off in rehab, so the bar there isn't high, but they clear it good.

Edit: It definitely gets better in the first 2 minutes of the second episode, and you can tell I'm not joking.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:58:42 pm by Iduno »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67