Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105236 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2019, 04:43:36 am »

I finally watched the last season of GoT, and dear god, it was way worse than I expected (and I really haven't had any expectations for the last 3-4 seasons of the over-hyped show).

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2019, 02:02:36 pm »

I finished watching The Boys, season 1.

A show about butthurt normies fighting a league of corrupt supers...I've definitely seen this premise before, more than a couple times. But putting aside the lack of originality, it's pretty good. Drama, plot twists, special effects...yeah, I'll come back for season 2.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2019, 12:27:35 pm »

Finished Good Omens today. Suprisingly faithful to the book, also shows that you could do Pratchett/Gaiman humor fairly well in such a format, mostly if you decide to opt for a narrator of some sort. Other than that, loved it trough and trough, the casting was damn good and my only complaints are that some of the CGI looked shit (tho I have a feeling it might've been intentional in certain cases) and that the director really had a hard on for extreme close-ups, wether they were warranted or not in some cases.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 07, 2019, 09:43:12 pm »

I've picked up Ozark from where I left off. Bloody good show.
Also, Flowers was good, turned out to be a lot deeper than I expected. It's a pity they apparently don't plan on making more, but it's worth a watch nonetheless.

Oh, I also watched season 2 of Happy, only to learn afterwards that it was apparently cancelled by SyFy. At least it wasn't a Netflix original, where cancellation is basically a death knell for the IP... I'm gonna miss Santa Clarita Diet.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2019, 11:07:32 am »

I finally watched the last season of GoT, and dear god, it was way worse than I expected (and I really haven't had any expectations for the last 3-4 seasons of the over-hyped show).

Now you can head over to the GoT thread to talk about Dune!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2019, 03:41:42 pm »

I decided to give The Boys a shot and ended up binging the whole season. They've improved on the comic in pretty much every way. The humor is less juvenile, the characters are more nuanced, the satire is more pointed, and the whole set-up is more interesting. It gets super fucked up and gross at points, sure, but if you can stomach that it's an excellent watch.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2019, 10:45:46 am »

So the wife and I found Doctor Who series 11 to be just as bad as everyone said it was.  I don't fault the acting, it was fine - the writing was awful.  I felt like the story was centered more around Graham (Graeme?) than the Doctor. He's the only one with a story arc and any kind of tough decision!

The Doctor had no character development at all - she just seemed confused, no connection, everything too haphazard.  Previous Doctors seemed haphazard but really had a plan.  This season was just... responding to situations, not managing them.

I miss Moffat's writing.

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2019, 10:26:16 am »

I wonder if the God-Emperor is an Arrested Development fan?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2019, 02:38:52 pm »

I wonder if the God-Emperor is an Arrested Development fan?

Like the guy in the 3,000 shai-halud stillsuit would watch TV. C'mon.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2019, 02:33:50 pm »

Old school Doctor Who, none of this "the man who never would" crap, he's pure "look he slowing us down so i'll club him to death with a rock".
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 30, 2019, 08:58:00 pm »

Just finished watching Another Life, Season 1.

It's got a bit of an Alien vibe, with a crew of blissfully ignorant space-noobs traipsing through space, completely ignorant of the fact that everything in space is eager to kill them in horrific ways. There's also a 'save earth from evil but mysterious aliens' thing going on in the B-story. The sci-fi technology felt a bit inconsistent, with super-advanced stuff in some areas and modern tech in others. But other than that I felt like it was a reasonably well put together show. Constant suspense and drama and mystery throughout, and an ending that wasn't too cliffhangery but did leave a lot to build on in the future.

Season 2 is not yet confirmed, but I'm optimistic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2019, 10:31:55 pm »

I'm watching Dark, a German show from Netflix. Es ist gut.
Gets very confusing though, but not necessarily in a bad way.
Also there's a smattering of classic German thrash metal in the soundtrack, which is naturally a plus. \m/
Booze is Life for Yoink

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2019, 11:48:21 pm »

I'm watching the new Dark Crystal series, and it's really great. The original film was a marvel of puppetry, but plot-wise it was shallow and unsatisfying. This one manages to improve on the visual/technical side even more and turns the world building to eleven, both in a service of a good - if, admittedly, so far, not exceptional - story.
Ironically, while the series owes its existence to the original, it also falters most visibly when it tries to tie in with the plot points from the latter.
Still, it's a fantastic dark fable, unlike anything else out there.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2019, 04:32:24 am »

I just finished watching season 1 of Carnival Row.

This is by far the best show I've seen in a long time. It honestly feels like the next Game of Thrones, being packed with violence, sex, romance, mystery, and political intrigue. Acting, music, special effects, everything is top-notch. Really an outstanding work.

Minor spoilers for some backstory revealed early in the first episode:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obviously, I'm recommending this one.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2019, 05:07:38 pm »

I started watching Merlin on Netflix. Although it came out in 2008, the cinematography could have easily been from the late 90's or early 2000's. All the obnoxious speedups, quick cuts and fast zooms make it look really dated. The few bits of cheap CGI seen thus far don't help matters.

It's an okay show, but not really something I could get invested in. Makes sense, since it seems to be aimed very specifically at the "young adult" demographic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67