Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105239 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2018, 11:34:12 pm »

I'm watching Manifest.

It's interesting, but I liked Lost better...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2018, 11:32:32 am »

For some reason the creator of the Townes Van Zandt album playlist I was listening to added an episode of Postman Pat on the end of it.

It... hasn't aged too well. :-\ It isn't unbearable, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2018, 09:23:46 pm »

If you think Postman Pat has aged well then you wouldn't have aged well. It's for preschoolers. And, given the life experiences of preschoolers it's probably just as good as it ever was.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:33 pm »

The main one is white. Arguing that only half of them are white so it's not racist is like arguing that the Doctor's companion is a woman so having a male Doctor all the time is not sexist. Fact is, a white (male or female) Doctor has no place setting up the Rosa Parks incident any more than a male Doctor would be ok to go back and save the Suffragette movement.
http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/07/20/doctor-who-suffragettes-and-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-progress/
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Emmeline_Pankhurst
You've probably jinxed it

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:35 am »

Dr Who S11E4
First episode this season that I felt had a proper monster and mystery and wasn't overly preachy or cringy. I liked this episode, up until the end. They had a city full of monsters that reproduce rapidly and feast on human flesh, then they kill one of the monsters, and just walk away. I mean, what the hell? The companions even had friends and family in that same city, and they just get in their TARDIS and fly away with the sewers still overflowing with creepy crawly things? That's a pretty major plot hole.

Edit: Also, they attempted to parody Donald Trump, making an even bigger, stupider, and more offensive version of him. They failed. Real Donald Trump is still much worse.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:10:12 am by Folly »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »

Currently watching The Norsemen. I'd heard it recommended, saw the trailer involving the grand magical thumb ritual, told my parents about it, they watched it, and now they recommended it back to me. So after mentioning it a few times, I got my girlfriend to go along with trying it out.

We recently finished off the first season, and she's really digging it. I was expecting... I dunno, something a touch more over the top, I guess? I mean, it's alright, and it certainly has its fun moments, but it can be a bit low-octane at times, it feels. I was expecting more thumb pulling and spectacular feats of magic.

That is absolutely what Norwegians sound like when speaking English though. Which is pretty funny, since a few of the people involved are actually quite talented and experienced actors who are perfectly capable of speaking without such an outrageous cadence and accent.

We'd started in on watching the old X-Files, which is definitely my kind of dumb sci-fi classics-worship, but apparently rubbed her the wrong way. Now she's looking to re-watch Outlander, and wants me to join in this time. I'm just not sure how excited I am about time-traveling Scottish romance...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »

Outlander (season 1 at least) was actually pretty good, as far as romances go. Good production values, fine acting, and very sensual.
That is, if you can get over the male lead having the physique that he does, and being cast as a 16yo virgin. That requires some effort, since the guy is obviously around thirty, and is the kind of testosterone-and-protein infused haggis who - as soon as his balls started dropping - would attract noble ladies and common wenches alike, travelling from far and wide to have a go at letting his Nessie play in their loch.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2018, 03:52:50 pm »

Gotham
I personally like it, seems to be really cool as far as the batman universe goes, and it gives detailed backstories to all of the villains that are present in the DC universe and such. Hopefully it will do all of them, its very cool. It details the young bruce wayne and how he grows up to be batman.
Spoiler: Spoilers! (click to show/hide)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2018, 04:12:10 pm »

Outlander (season 1 at least)...if you can get over the male lead having the physique that he does, and being cast as a 16yo virgin. That requires some effort, since the guy is obviously around thirty

Minor spoilers...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »

Currently watching The Norsemen.
Is that that really silly comedy that starts with a bunch of vikings returning to their village with a haul of plunder and slaves? I watched an episode of that if so, and it was pretty damn awful.
Still not as bad as Vikings, though, hahaha.

Also, Outlander... ew. To be honest I barely watched it at all (and am probably getting some elements mixed up with the Poldark reboot, which my mother was watching prior to it) but it seemed pretty dreary and bland.
Although I suppose as far as mi madre's taste in television goes, it could be worse. It could always be worse.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2018, 07:25:53 pm »

Oh, shut up. You're just not man enough to watch two people whose love transcends time and plausibility.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2018, 07:57:23 pm »

I'd rather take my chances with the hilariously bad 2008 film of the same name. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2018, 03:24:56 am »

I'm watching the original Battlestar Galactica. Some of the acting is amazing(ly bad). Lots of re-used footage, and footage / props recycled from other movies, such as the fleet's agricultural ships - which are literally the same ships from Silent Running.

In one episode, there was a close-up of a "sci-fi" wrist-watch one time they needed to synchronize times for some plan, but it was literally just a pocket calculator watch. No expense spared here. I guess that counted as sci-fi-looking in 1978.

Also, it staggers belief, but it turns out the kid's pet robot-dog was played by a chimp in a suit. Haha, that's the sort of shit they'd never try today. I'd imagine that they only avoided a "chimp bites kid's face off" scandal due to the show being cancelled after one season, since the kid is so goddamn annoying. Kid's a terrible actor and it's a terrible character. For example, one time they're trying to infiltrate a Cylon base and the kid's robot-dog runs off, and the kid just runs after it yelling the dog's name at the top of his lungs. And they use the same plot device multiple times of the kid running off screaming after the robot-dog who randomly runs off whenever they're in hostile territory and require stealth. Just shoot the kid in the back of the head already.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:42:34 am by Reelya »

Napagady

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2018, 03:49:06 am »

I watched NARCOS first and second seasons. I want to watch third as well but i heard that season 3 is lame and boring. Maybe somebody watched it and can tell few words about it ? Season 4 is also coming yeah?

Thanks!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:30 am »

Been watching Peaky Blinders recently, two seasons down. Sure, it gets a bit edgy and could think of more creative dialogue than a fuck every two words, but the 20s setting with its bleak industrial Birmingham, the swanky style and aesthetics, and period-appropriate political machinations keep me entertained. The characters are generally pretty interesting too. The soundtrack is great but could spam the theme song a lot less.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67