Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105238 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2018, 12:18:47 pm »

I was a big fan of Cloak and Dagger in the comics when I was a kid. I was happy when I saw they were a getting a tv show but I didn't actually bother watching it because the Inhumans were just so fucking bad (also I really hate the idea of inhumams) and the Runaways looked like it would be bad in the same way.
Love, scriver~

Senclair

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2018, 08:03:43 am »

I was a big fan of Cloak and Dagger in the comics when I was a kid. I was happy when I saw they were a getting a tv show but I didn't actually bother watching it because the Inhumans were just so fucking bad (also I really hate the idea of inhumams) and the Runaways looked like it would be bad in the same way.

Cloak and Dagger is a lot better than I expected. Final Space is getting added to Netflix soon so I am excited for that.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2018, 09:00:05 pm »

C&D ep 8 aired tonight.

Wow. This show is easily getting my vote for best superhero show of the year. Maybe best of the decade.
This show reminds me of Ar Tonelico, and it's cosmosphere dives. I just love the idea of diving into a manifestation of people's psyche, and discovering that they are not at all what you thought they were.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2018, 04:57:29 am »

I'm watching Snowfall.
It's pretty great. I mean, I'm not exactly analysing it all that closely, but it has enjoyable characters, engaging plotlines, a nice historical setting and its fair share of satisfying moments.
Kind of like the new, more retro The Wire, set in LA instead of Baltimore and a li'l less heavy on the politicking. Also much less focus on police officers and their procedure, if that's a turn-off for you (although The Wire was probably the least tiresome police drama I've ever seen, anyway).
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2018, 03:08:27 am »

Barry.

And it is indeed barry! Just the basic premise (Bill Hader playing a hitman?!) was already sounding amazing to begin with, but then it just keeps getting better and better, with a fantastic support cast and more suspense than anything I've watched in a while (I mean, Snowfall had its share of sphincter-clenching moments, but this is more of a comedy, and still gives it a strong run for its money).
Damn, I've been watching some really good shows lately.

Also been watching Schitt's Creek with my mother. Not the sort of show I'd usually watch on my own, but it's charming nonetheless. :)
Oh, and earlier I watched the first episode of Happy! (damn, I hate it when titles end with punctuation), after coming across it and remembering the interview I saw in Image magazine about it a while back - it's a comic adaptation, apparently. Probably about the closest thing I can stomach to a "superhero show".
Not sure if I really like it yet, the characters seem about as flavourful as a sawdust-garnished cardboard consomme, but it had enough entertaining violence to hold my attention for the duration of the pilot at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2018, 05:43:04 am »

and finally the last kingdom. if you've played the warband dlc: viking conquest, you're dead on for setting and time. its set in the 800's during the times of wessex, mercia and vikings of northumbria and danmark.

hah totally! when i recommended that show to a friend i described it as "mount&blade: the tv show."

season 2 made me cry :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:45:53 am by Caz »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2018, 06:10:25 am »

Is it the one with the viking leader what has a girl's name?
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2018, 06:34:17 am »

Is it the one with the viking leader what has a girl's name?

I don't think so? Though I'm not 100% sure on the gendering of old english and norse names.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »

Gotham
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2018, 06:25:12 am »

No, I only eat kosher
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2018, 11:01:34 am »

Watch Vikings instead
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

Ewwwww. That show is so bad it causes me physical pain.

...Oh yeah, uh, to stay on topic, I've started watching Bored To Death with mi madre. I felt there was a 50-50 chance that she'd like it or loathe it (I've seen the first few episodes before, ages ago), and fortunately she loves it so far!

Also yesterday I discovered two new shows that seem quite enjoyable: Welcome To the Family from Catalonia and Kim's Convenience from Canada.
Welcome To the Family seems quite wonderful so far.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2018, 01:47:12 am »

Ok, here's the thing, I've been off Netflix so long that they've emailed me to offer me another free trial period.

I'm thinking of taking them up for one month for that. Can people recommend a bunch of must-see shows or movies that are on there?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2018, 01:56:44 am »

Ok, here's the thing, I've been off Netflix so long that they've emailed me to offer me another free trial period.

I'm thinking of taking them up for one month for that. Can people recommend a bunch of must-see shows or movies that are on there?
A Very Secret Service! The End of the F***ing World! Santa Clarita Diet! Bojack Horseman!
Probably the four best shows on Netflix, off the top of my head. Been a while since I've had access to Netflix, though, so there are doubtless plenty that I'm forgetting. Took me a while to remember just those four, even.
Also there are older shows like Black Books, but I'm sure you would have seen all of that. Oh and I watched the first episode of some cop show that turned out to be surprisingly good, can't remember the name, though.

Edit: oh, The Good Place is on there, too. Highly recommended.
Takes a couple of episodes to get into, but it's worth it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:58:44 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »

I've started watching Man in the High Castle's new season. I'm three episodes in, Smith's still a fascinating villain protagonist. I'm still kind of rooting for a nuclear war to spoil the Nazi's victory, though.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67