Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Simple Mood 16x16 Tileset  (Read 64869 times)

Fallingferret

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Mood 16x16 Tileset
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2024, 12:18:06 pm »

The Weasleman necromancer necromancer gestures!
The forum thread shudders and begins to move!

Going on 10 years and this still my all time favorite tileset. So much so that it actively impeded my efforts to transition to v50 until I was able to start using it again.

If anyone wants to use this(and any other square font, if you see this) in v50 setting BASIC_FONT to curses 800x600, or any 10x12 tileset will get around the broken mouse interactions at different zoom levels while still looking good. You'll likely need to tweak the grid width and height settings a little to get the zoom steps you want. (at 1080p I use a width of 176 and height of 72 to keep track of food and drink stocks while being a comfortable size to read)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Using a 8x8, 9x9, 10x10, etc for your basic_font gets you trusquare™ as well as a functioning UI
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 12:32:25 pm by Fallingferret »

lingaic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Mood 16x16 Tileset
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2024, 10:19:19 am »

An old version of your tileset (the one currently on the wiki) had indentations on the sides of the 8. Together with the diagonal line in the 0, that should be sufficient. Though I assume you did remove them in the first place to make the numbers look more similar.

COULD YOU UPDATE CREATURE GRAPHICS IN CLASSIC ASCII GLYPHS SET FOR 50.X?!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]